Happy Monday! How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was great, just a little busy! I worked all weekend, but I have a lot more free time this week. I finished up at one of my jobs that I wasn’t enjoying so much yesterday. I think it’s important to surround yourself in an environment that motivates you and makes you happy. I have not been myself for the past couple weeks, so I decided it was time for some self-intervention and re-evaluation of my life. Not only did I find a new job, but I decided to make some more time for me! I’m in school and working myself way too hard. I want to put more time into my blog and have more time to do the things I love like cooking, enjoying the outdoors and spending time with the people I care about. It’s great when you can recognize what needs to be improved in your life and take the means to change it.
Yesterday I woke up and felt the need to bake something. I looked in my freezer and found an abundance of brown bananas and decided I would make some muffins. What I came up with is these: Whole Wheat Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Muffins. Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter (and Almond Butter) is the ultimate flavour combination. It’s pure comfort! My roommates loved them too. This is similar to my Super Banana Oatmeal Muffin Recipe.
Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Muffins
½ cup pumpkin seeds (or nut/seed of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Combine all dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In a larger bowl, add mashed bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
- Spoon a bit of mixture into the bottom of a greased muffin tin. Take a little dollop of peanut (or almond) butter and place it in the middle. Cover with more mixture until about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Again, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I’m off today and I’m taking a full day to myself to get everything I need to done. I’m doing more blogging, working on my e-book, going for a run and spending some quality time in my kitchen. I’m also starting a batch of Kombucha today, a fermented tea drink. I will be posting the recipe once it is done. Have a fabulous day!