Hey everyone! Happy Friday already! I can’t believe how fast time is going by – I think we’re already on our 10th day off. This week we’ve been doing a lot of running around. I’ve been doing homework, a little job hunting, cooking, got winter tires put on and been just having fun. On Wednesday we drove about an hour to where there is a lot more snow and went for a snowmobile ride! Josh had spent 2 days working on it, so he wanted to try it out. It was pretty awesome – actually it was more of a tease! This morning it was -20 here, but we hardly have any snow. Definitely not fair!
Yesterday we went out for dinner to Cimo’s Mediterranean Grill. We shared the bruschetta to start and I got the Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter Sauce and Fresh Parmesan Cheese. Both were delicious! I also had a nice glass of merlot to go along with my dish.
Afterwards, we went to a Cougar’s game (Prince George’s WHL hockey team). They lost 4-2, however we ended up on the kiss cam! We were enjoying the game and then we looked up and there we were on the big screen. I noticed before him, so I pulled him in for a smooch. We ended up getting a free 18 holes at a local golf course, and 8 FREE tickets to Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, for Sunday night. We must have been pretty cute to have gotten those – that or they are desperate to get rid of tickets – haha!
Overall it was a great night. We are looking forward to going to see him tomorrow night and we get to bring friends!
As promised in my previous post, here is the recipe for the Sundried Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Pesto Chicken.
Sundried Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Pesto Chicken
For sauce:2 large cans of diced tomatoes 4 cloves of garlic, minced 2 tsp. dried oregano 1 tbsp. olive oil ½ sun dried tomatoes, julienned Large handful of spinach Salt and pepper to taste
For chicken:4 boneless chicken breasts 2 tbsp. pesto of your choice Splash of olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Pasta of your choice Fresh basil Fresh parmesan cheese
- Sweat garlic in 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and oregano, and then simmer for 45 minutes until tomatoes are cooked.
- Use immersion or regular blender (I used my magic bullet) and pulse. It doesn’t have to be completely smooth. Return to stove and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spread pesto, olive oil, salt and pepper over chicken. You can marinate it a couple hours before if you would like. Sear them in a pan with a little oil until golden on the outside. Place chicken in baking dish and bake at 350°C for approx. 30 minutes or until its reached 165°C.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Toss pasta, sauce, sundried tomatoes and spinach together in sauce pan. Cook slightly until spinach wilts. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese with sliced chicken breast. Enjoy!
That’s it for today! I’ve had to slow down on the cooking to eat left overs. I think the next meal I will make will be a slow-cooker one – it’s cold and I want something that will warm me to the core. Have an awesome weekend!