Good morning! It’s the weekend! As I said in my last post, I haven’t worked Monday to Friday in years, so it’s a little different for me.
This morning I’m going to a boot camp class at the YMCA. I recently got a membership there, so I want to try a bunch of their classes. Besides that, I have a little running around to do and should probably get some homework done. Oh, and I also want to make something delicious for dinner – but I haven’t thought that far ahead yet.
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I was going to give you the recipe for the muffins I made. I really wanted a healthy muffin I could bring to work. I was going to add nuts and maybe a few other things to them, but I was craving a simple banana muffin.
I looked for many recipes, but this is the one I decided to try. It’s great when you find a recipe that you like (and works), because then you can play around with it a little.
Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins
Ingredients:1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1/3 cup olive oil 1/2 cup honey 2 eggs 2 bananas, mashed 1/4 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease the muffin pan (I skipped this step, but then my muffins were a little difficult to get out. I have a silicone pan that I don’t normally need to grease)
2. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, whisk the olive oil and honey together. Once well mixed, add the eggs and stir until just combined.
4. Mix in your mashed banana.
5. Alternate the dry ingredients and hot water, adding them to your wet mix. Make sure not to over mix, only until combined.
6. Pour mix into muffin pans (I filled them until just below the top). Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Mine took about 20, but it depends on your oven.
I just might have to do a little baking today too. I used to want to decorate wedding cakes and be a super-star pastry chef, then I decided to take the cooking direction.
Hope your weekend is going fabulous so far. I better go eat some breakfast before I head out to my class!